Residential Treatment Centers For Young Adults in Kansas, KS
Residential treatment centers offer addicted young adults from Kansas, KS - who, in addition to suffering from harmful addictions, typically suffer from some form of mental illness - the opportunity to confront and change their behaviors and attitudes. Spirit Mountain Recovery, a residential treatment center situated in the serene Utah mountains, provides the ideal setting, support, and therapeutic interventions needed for a successful recovery and full rehabilitation from harmful substances. Here’s a quick look at what residential treatment is and possible reasons a young adult may need to enter this type of program - as well as what type of treatment and therapy is usually provided during residential treatment and how it benefits the young adult and those who love them.
What is a Residential Treatment Center for Young Adults In Kansas, KS?A residential treatment center for young adults, which may also be referred to as a drug rehab, or simply 'rehab,' provides 24-hour care in a therapeutic environment that is free of outside distractions and influences . Here, young adults are surrounded by their peers and professionals in a highly structured, yet nurturing home-like setting where they can focus solely on identifying and confronting their negative behaviors and attitudes. Moreover, residential treatment centers for addicted young adults provide young men and women the necessary skills required to overcome said, identified negative behaviors and attitudes. At Spirit Mountain Recovery, young adults are expected to stay a minimum of 30 days, though they may need to stay longer, depending on their situation and whether or not they have an underlying mental health issue. Each client is evaluated in order to create a unique individualized treatment program that focuses on their specific issues, behaviors, and therapeutic needs.
Reasons a Young Adult From Kansas, KS May Need to Enter Residential TreatmentThere is a variety of potential reasons a young adult may need to enter residential treatment. For example, anyone who has previously tried to put an end to their substance abuse and later suffered a relapse may find that this intensive, therapeutic environment gives them a better chance at maintaining their sobriety . Additionally, young adults who not only need to address their substance abuse but also take control of any underlying mental health issues that can contribute to addiction are likely to benefit from this type of treatment.
Other instances where residential treatment may be needed for a young adult include if they:
- l Have been abusing multiple drugs, such as cocaine, alcohol, and marijuana
- l Have been battling substance abuse for an extended period of time
- l Have experienced withdrawal symptoms when trying to stop their drug use in the past
- l Feel completely powerless regarding his or her substance abuse
- l Have a long history of destructive and unhealthy attitudes and behaviors accompanying their substance abuse
What Type of Treatment is Provided in a Residential Treatment Center?Residential treatment centers, such as Spirit Mountain Recovery, often employ a combination of proven therapeutic interventions that address all aspects of a young adult’s substance abuse and work together to heal the whole person – mind, body, and spirit. After undergoing an evaluation, the professional staff creates a holistic-style Individualized Treatment Program that focuses on their specific behaviors and issues, including any underlying mental health concerns. Treatment and therapy take place individually and in group settings and usually include:
- l Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): CBT takes a practical approach to problem-solving in order to help clients recognize their harmful thought patterns and behaviors, identify alternative ways of thinking, and control their harmful behavior and distressing emotions.
- l Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MSBR): A fairly new approach to stress management, MSBR combines body awareness, mind meditation, and yoga to give clients the opportunity to become more in tune with their bodies. MSBR can also be used to identify risky behaviors and possible relapse triggers.
- l Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET): MET focuses on making rapid changes that are internally motivated, instead of using a step-by-step recovery process. This puts an end to any ambivalent feelings a young adult may be having regarding entering treatment and maintaining their sobriety.
How Residential Treatment Benefits Young AdultsBy taking struggling young adults in Kansas, KS out of their current unhealthy environment and putting them into a supportive environment that allows them to concentrate entirely on their substance abuse and mental health issues, residential treatment benefits young adults. At Spirit Mountain Recovery, young adults are given the tools and education necessary to recover and return to their life healthy, happy, and ready to excel at everything they do. This, in turn, benefits those who love them.  http://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/modes/residential-treatment Residential Treatment  http://www.socialworktoday.com/archive/031912p8.shtml Residential Treatment for Young Adults: When to Consider It, What to Look For
Kansas, KS, comes with an interesting history. Abilene was once the finish from the Chisholm Trail for cowboys taking longhorns to auction. The legend, Wyatt Earp attempted to keep law and order once when the city was a wild cattle town. Today, it is the primary center of commerce in the region. He hunted buffalo on Kansas' plains to provide food to Union Pacific Railroad workers. Through the finish from the 1800s, the herds had disappeared due to excessive hunting.